In the middle of Miami Basel fever pops TI's favorite art/cultural manual beaming live and direct from London. Modern Matter’s 9th edition, Everything Has Beauty, was created in part as a celebration of the seminal women’s art magazine, Eau De Cologne, and of its latest gallery incarnation at Sprüth Magers. Proving that contemporary art is now a key pulse behind post-digital cultural production Modern Matter is that seminal must-read of the moment.
- An exclusive cover vinyl sleeve collaboration with Jenny Holzer.
- An interview with Monika Sprüth, co-founder of Sprüth Magers gallery and the founder and publisher of Eau De Cologne, an iconic large-format exploration of work by women artists published between 1985 and 1989.
- An extracted dialogue from Eau De Cologne between Monika Sprüth and Ingrid Sischy; editor of Artforum (1979 — 1988) and Interview (1989 — 2008).
- Work from Jenny Holzer, Rosemarie Trockel, Cindy Sherman, Louise Lawler and Barbara Kruger.
- A still-life shoot of artworks and three-dimensional objects designed by Modern Matter founder and Editor, Olu Odukoya, as part of a series exploring constructions of beauty and gender. Photographed by Blommers & Schumm.
- Philippe Parreno and Carsten Holler in conversation.
- A look inside Carsten Holler’s major retrospective, Decision, at the Hayward Gallery.
- Visual essays from Cindy Sherman, Francesca Woodman and Isa Genzken.